Time Attendance Software and Management
Time and attendance software is a type of business application designed to track and optimize the hours that employees spend on the job and keep records of wages and salaries paid. This type of software is common in businesses of all sizes. Time and attendance software provides management personnel with diverse tools to help maximize cash flow (the total amount of money being transferred into and out of a business, especially as affecting liquidity.) and minimize waste (Business (or commercial and industrial) wastecover the commercial waste and industrial waste types . Generally, businesses are expected to make their own arrangements for the collection, treatment and disposal of their wastes.). The programs can generate, maintain, and archive important payroll and tax information. The records can prove invaluable in the event of an audit by taxing authorities. A good time and attendance software suite will continue to function properly as an organization evolves.
The most important features of time and attendance software include:
- Tracking employee hours.
- Tracking wages paid.
- Automating payroll processes.
- Complying with government regulations.
- Ensuring that employees receive proper compensation for overtime.
- Minimizing errors in bookkeeping.
- Breaking down processes and events into tables, graphs, and charts.
- Integration with financial analytics, business intelligence/business analytics (BI/BA) and human resources management systems.
The Purpose of Time and Attendance Software
Throughout the recent evolution of time and attendance technology, those famous words spoken by Seneca ‘Time discovers truth’ may be becoming truer to the point where this ancient roman philosopher may have rephrased his words to say ‘Time and attendance systems discover truth’.The purpose of a time and attendance system is to record employee attendance at a particular place or activity, which is essential when paying workers at an hourly rate. Traditionally a time and attendance systems allowed the employee to clock in or out of work by punching or stamping a card inserted into a machine. This recorded the relevant time in/out information as they arrived and left work.With major developments in technology, these systems have evolved into individual swipe card systems which are often linked to time management software, payroll accounts and other administrative systems.
Time and Attendance (or Employee Attendance Software) takes the concept of ‘clocking in’ even further allowing employers to electronically track their employees. This can involve detailed reporting on employee attendance and monitoring shifts and departments with total accuracy. You may have found employees manipulating their working hours by creating their own timesheets in advance or having other employees’ clock in or out on their behalf. An effective time and attendance system will prevent these problems by isolating and managing individual employee status.By fully integrating your new time and attendance system into a database, you can reduce human errors and have confidence in easily accessible accurate employee information.
Time and attendance software helps you meet your company’s payroll criteria whilst contributing to satisfy the demands of local payroll regulations, thus ensuring your workers are fairly paid. With the detailed reports time and attendance software can produce in just seconds, employee disputes over pay are vastly reduced. Time and attendance software provides a valuable service for both your company and its employees by providing information over a range of areas appropriate to business administration. The time and attendance system ensures that employee hours are accurately calculated and employees are paid fairly which serves to protect both the employer and employees interests. In this regard you’ll have no trouble gaining the support of your employees when implementing the new time and attendance technology. Whether you’re a small business or a large conglomerate the many applications of time and attendance software will make it a valuable addition to your administrative system. By providing accurate reports and records, saving your administrative staff time consuming tedious work prone to errors you’ll be serving the best interests of yourself and your employees in contributing to a successful business.
Attendance Management Software
Attendance management software comes with a simple user interface for office employees to clock in and clock out at their workstation computer. Easily print barcoded ID cards for plant/shop floor employees to clock in and clock out at a central computer workstation. Easily print an employee or an entire department’s time attendance for a given period for payroll. Office employees with their own computers can easily make vacation or other types of absence requests, which can be approved or denied by their manager. No more paper forms to fill out for vacation or other types of absence requests. Office employees can easily view if their vacation etc. requests were approved or denied. Create a vacation fiscal period (accrued or not) to track how many vacation days an employee has left based on allocated vacation days to that employee. Easily setup multiple managers for their respective managing department. This allows a manager to view only his/her employee’s time attendance and requests. Quickly view employees who are currently clocked in or clocked out. Easily set employees lunch time as paid or not in time log. Option to set late grace period time to determine whether to dock time worked by employees.
Time Attendance System
Matt Rissell, CEO of TSheets Time Tracking defines time attendance system in this way “A true time and attendance system tracks employee hours worked in real time from virtually anywhere, and automatically manages paid time off, vacation and time sheet approvals”.
The features to look for in a time and attendance system
With so many time and attendance systems on the market, it can be difficult to know which one is right for your business. When shopping for a system, experts agree there are a number of things you should look for.
- Keeps accurate time: The best time and attendance systems ensure employers are paying their employees for the actual time they work, not the hours they’re scheduled to work.
- Tracks all time issues: Make sure you choose a system that takes care of all of your business’s scheduling needs, not one that just lets employees punch in and out.
- Integrates with programs: Choose a system that integrates with the programs, applications and software, such as HR and payroll programs, which you are already using.
- Monitors overtime expenses: Make sure the system you select can help you reduce overtime costs.
- Cloud-based: Time and attendance systems hosted in the cloud are the easiest to implement and manage and reduce capital and maintenance expenses.
- Reduces administrative time: Search for a system that’s easy to use and allows human resources employees to focus their time on issues that aren’t payroll-related.
- Provides real-time information: You want a time and attendance system that provides detailed information in real time, because businesses need labor information when it can be impacted, not after the fact.
- Mobile: Since many employees and managers work outside the office, you want a system that has mobile capabilities so it can be accessed wherever they are.
- Reliable accuracy
- Increased productivity
- Bottom line savings
- Decreased burden on one person or department
- Stronger company culture
- Improved regulatory compliance